Since I was first elected Commissioner in 2003, I have brought to my role over 40 years of professional financial experience and a steadfast commitment to do my best each day for all of us. I consider it both an honor and a privilege to serve our Township in my capacity as the Director of Revenue and Finance. As such, I am pleased to tell you that I am running for reelection to the Nutley Board of Commissioners on May 12, 2020
All Commissioners serve a vital role as a member of the Township’s governing body with many combined accomplishments. We work hard together as a team for the benefit of all Nutley residents. Several of my recent contributions include:
- Providing leadership since 2013, to secure $24.8 million in Transitional State Aid, easing the loss of property taxes from the closure of the Hoffman La Roche site. This success has saved every household $2,500.00 on average.
- Reducing my Revenue & Finance department budget by $365,000
- Serving as a core member of the redevelopment committee for the former Hoffman La Roche site, working to bring new job opportunities to Nutley, improved property values and more revenue while managing the possible negative impacts on our schools, infrastructure and quality of life. To date, Ralph Lauren (our latest arrival), Hackensack/Seton Hall Medical School, Hackensack Center for Discovery and Innovation and Modern Meadow are now tenants, and yes, they all pay taxes, including the school tax.
- Advocating with the State Board of Education, and partnering with Assemblyman Ralph Caputo, and the Nutley Board of Education leadership to increase our school aid and to reduce a $22.0 million difference in our school aid.
- Forging meaningful relationships in Trenton with officials from both parties, including multiple Governors and State Officials, as well as our 28th Legislative District representatives and Essex County. They all understand my passion and advocacy for our Township.
There is so much more to do. While I hope I have earned your vote to win reelection to the Board of Commissioners I also need to ask for your help. Unfortunately, campaigns for public office are very expensive. Please consider making a contribution now using the enclosed reply envelope made payable to Re-Elect Tom Evans Commissioner. I am resolute in my commitment to continue serving you and the community I love so much.
If you have any questions, please contact me at email@example.com.